Before I get started, I’ve got thank Sweet Hacks, where I won a contest this week. It’s about the fourth contest I’ve won, this time netting me $10 and a free link. Competitions are going on until the end of the year at Sweet Hacks, so go check them out and enter.
I was tagged in another contest and decided to participate because it’s original and something I’ve never seen before. Prija over at Blogging the Movie is holding a nofollow link contest. It’s created a bit of a stir and received a lot of entries, so I decided to pitch in as it’s Sunday and Sundays seem like a good day for contests.
Anyway, the prize is a copy of The Four-Hour Work Week, which I don’t really want but winning it couldn’t hurt. Here is the obligatory contest copy with three blogs I decided to add:
1. Free 4-Hour Workweek Book.
2. A chance to have a permanent link on front page of Blogging The Movie dot com.
3. Sign the Records Book as it travels to 10 different winners.
This contest is sponsored by BloggingTheMovie – A featured documentary about Bloggers. This contest contains no-follow links. So it is Google friendly and by creating an original introduction you won’t be dinged for duplicate content. This is an ongoing marketing campaign. There will be 10 winners at which each winner will be able to host their own contest which will be sponsored by Blogging The Movie. 1st Winner: Susan Suarez | 2nd Winner: Investing Adventures | 3rd Winner: Can be you!
1. Write an original short snippet introduction to avoid duplicate content.
2. Just copy the section between the start and end.
3. Add your 3 favorite blogs with rel=”nofollow” in between the link on the code page. i.e. <a href=”http://www.url.com/” mce_href=”http://www.url.com/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank” title=”url name”>URL.com</a>. This is extremely important to ensure that Google won’t ding us. Make sure you contact the bloggers and insist they participate so they can keep this going.
4. Email your URL of your blog post to Free4hourWorkweek@gmail.com
[Deadline: 12/31/07 ]
Betshopboy | DerekSemmler | Enkay Blog | MsDanielle | JimiMorrisonsHead | Siteguide.us | Darin.cc | JonLee.ca | Samanathon | MrGaryLee | KellyCho | SusanSuarez | RobertaFerguson | Bloggrrl | TheKingKongBlog | TheBeefJerkyBlog | LifeisColourful | MarketingDeviant | MaleWail | RomanDock | 40hourstogo | TylerCruz | JonathanVolk | Egonitron | SuncoastScribe | Gnaka | WorldOfAngel | MyBlogContest | TheGeekBoys | Courtney Tuttle | Neil Duckett | John Cow | Add your 3 Favorite Blogs here (it is important that you change the link to rel=”no follow”)
If you were not tagged, you can still copy the list and add yourself on. No worries, it’s a win-win for everyone. So lets get ready. Get on the list to become the 3rd winner on the Train Contest