Posted by Angel
- You have a sidebar filled with widgets and gizmos and gadgets, all of which make your page take an eternity to load and clutter your blog.
- You use Blogspot and one of the default themes, making your blog look like every other crappy blog I’ve ever stumbled across.
- You don’t know how to spell or use grammar. You don’t even use capital letters at the beginning of sentences.
- You spent 10 minutes on Photoshop and came up with one of the ugliest header logos to have ever graced the Internet.
- There’s no contact information anywhere to be found. You don’t even have an “about” page that tells me who you are.
- You spent several thousand dollars to buy your blog from a respected blogger only to turn it into a hunk of junk. Step up Marc from One Man’s Goal and Max from Blogging Experiment, who, I should add, deletes comments now.
- You admit that you have no idea what you’re talking about, which leaves the rest of us wondering why you are blogging at all. Prime example: you chose the MMO niche and every month you think it’s a good idea to release an income report telling us that you don’t make any money online.
- You use the word “guys” all the time to refer to your readers, as if we’re all one big, happy group of friends.
- You write about bullshit like the “dot com lifestyle” and how you’re either living it or you’re hoping to live it some day because John Chow has convinced you that the only way to be successful in this world is to be like him. Heck, it’s time to ditch all of your friends and surround yourself with successful people.
- You have a checkbox on your comments that automatically opts me in for emails whenever someone else comments on your lame post. I then end up getting emails about posts months after I’ve commented on them. Similarly, you have an auto-generated email sent out to me thanking me for commenting on your blog. Jerk.
There are, of course, more than 10 reasons why I hate your blog. Feel free to suggest more.
Like this post? Subscribe to the feed
Share: Digg it for goodness sake! Stumble your heart out!